Library Lovers' Month is a month-long celebration of school, public, and private libraries of all types. This is a time for everyone, especially library support groups, to recognize the value of libraries and to work to assure that the Nation's libraries will continue to serve." (quote from LITERARY MAMA website)
How can you support our library and "show the love?"
1. Stop in and mention to one of the staff why you like/love our library! Make our day!
2. Use our services! Check out books, DVDs, CDs, playaways, CD books. Check out audio and e-books on Kindle. Use our computers and free Wi-Fi. Attend programs. Bring in the kids to participate in the various activities found in the lower level. Help us complete our puzzles. Take a moment to look at the art or photos on our Art Wall and the exhibits in our McBroom Community Room. Patronize us!
3. Take a look at our website now and then. Use the many resources we have available on our website. "Like" us on Facebook. "Follow" us on Twitter. Take digital surveys when we ask; we promise not to do it too often! Sign up for our e-mail newsletter and announcement lists.
4. Join the Friends of the Town Hall Library, maybe even the board! Get on the Town Hall Library Board or the Town Hall Library Foundation Board.
5. Donate to the Friends or the Foundation. Bring in your clean and in good condition books, CD books, CDs, DVDs and puzzles to donate to the Friends' sale room. Buy from the room every now and then. Come to the Friends' fundraisers.
6. Serve on our occasional special committees, like the one that created our History Wall, planned our 50th Birthday Celebration, or prepared our Strategic Plan for 2016-2020.
7. Consider voting "yes" for our proposals when they arise. (We don't currently have anything planned, in case you were wondering. We are still enjoying our 2014 expansion in the children's area!)
Most of all, come in and get to know us. We want to get to know you, too. You are our friends and neighbors and patrons. You are important to us! LOVE YOUR LIBRARY AND YOUR LIBRARY WILL LOVE YOU!
This blog entry has no comments.