Book & Author Spotlights
ADULTS: HOGARTH SHAKESPEARE SERIES
The Hogarth Press was founded by Virginia and Leonard Woolf in 1917 with a mission to publish the best new writing of the age. In 2012, Hogarth was launched in London and New York to continue the tradition. The Hogarth Shakespeare project sees Shakespeare’s works retold by acclaimed and bestselling novelists of today.
- The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson – a retelling of The Winter's Tale
- Shylock is My Name by Howard Jacobson – an interpretation of The Merchant of Venice
- Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler - a retelling of The Taming of the Shrew
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood – a re-imagining of The Tempest
- Macbeth by Jo Nesbo - a retelling of Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Dunbar by Edward St. Aubyn – which re-tells the story of King Lear
- New Boy by Tracy Chevalier – a re-imagining of Othello
Display is located to the right of the "New Books" bookcase on the main level.
CHILDREN: DR. SEUSS & "PI"/PIE BOOKS
We have a fun display of Dr. Seuss and "pi" (math) books for checkout.
Display located above ER bookshelves in the Lower Level.